Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Blogidity Blog Blah Blah Blah

OK, I have been absolutely horrible about blogging. But I don't need to tell you that... if any of you are even here anymore. I will try to get better, but I am not making any promises.

My great friend Amy got me addicted to Facebook so that's where I have been spending a lot of my time. If you want more frequent updates, come join me over there. In the meantime, here's what we've been up to.

We've been really, really, really, really busy.

For those that don't know, E received IA orders to Afghanistan. And for those that don't know, IA stands for 'Individual Augmentation'. Basically, he is a Navy man that will be going Army. He leaves the end of this month for training in Kansas for 3 months and then heads to Afghanistan for 350 days to be an embedded training mentor. Total days gone: 438. Sweet!

We decided to move into military housing in our area. We have lots of friends in the neighborhood, a huge park in our front yard and lots and lots of kids for the girls to play with. We packed up our huge house and moved ourselves down the street. I take that back, we didn't really move ourselves. A fabulous man from E's office coordinated a moving party for us. 17 people from the office showed up at 8 AM and had us unloaded by 11 AM. The amount of support that we were offered was overwhelming. I almost cried. I am so thankful for this life and the wonderful people that we have met along the way.

The kids are doing great and continue to learn, change and provide us with endless laughs and frustration.

Little e participated in her first Daisy Girl Scout cookie sale. I volunteered to be the troops' cookie mom. Never in my wildest dreams would I have ever thought that I would be that, but it was fun and I will do it again next year. Little e has also lost her second tooth, got a new hairdo (pictures coming soon), learned how to ride her bike without training wheels, jumped several levels in reading, has had strep (and given it to us) 4 times and still continues to be our sweet girl.

Our tiny terror KK is still just that. She never sits still for a minute and has started sneaking into our bed at night more and more. She has stopped going to her Tuesday school and then started again. It's a love/hate thing with her. She learned how to swing on her own (hallelujah!), she dresses herself several times a day in fabulous ensembles, rarely eats, no longer wears pull-ups at night and is the best cuddler in the world.

I have signed myself up for the Marine Corps Marathon for this coming October but have only run once since the last one. Oops. I did sell my double jogging stroller and bought a new single, so hopefully KK and I can get some good runs in. In true me form, I started a juice pouch recycling program at little e's school but it shouldn't take up too much of my time. Famous last words, right? Other than that, I am just trying to stay on top of things, maybe make dinner every now and then and maintain a positive attitude.

Big E's last day of work will be this Thursday and then we head down to Disney World with our good friends for some much needed fun time. After, L&L are coming this way for a few days.

Alright, KK just told me that I have been on the computer all day, so I should probably wrap this up. Keep us in your thoughts and I will try to keep up with this so you all know what's going on with us.

6 comments:

amy said...

glad to see you back. i still check on you, and i'm sure others do, as well, that aren't addicted to fb. love ya!

blunoz said...

Well, I use Google Reader, so I don't have to check - it just tells me when there's a new post to read.

Even so, I HAVE missed your blog posts, but I have enjoyed keeping in touch on FB.

Thanks for the update here!

Jacinda said...

Just wanted to let you know that us Boneaus are still here and that we love the updates. Keep them coming when you can. xoxo

Samantha said...

I'm with blunoz, you're in my reader so I keep my eyes out. :)

Sorry to hear he ended up actually getting orders. You will all be in our prayers.

Sounds like lots of change has been going on. GO YOU for doing MCM again! You'll be great!

Unknown said...

I missed your blogging......it's fun to read. I guess bigE is getting acclimated to the heat in Florida. Have lots of fun down there, keep the water flowing!! ILY :)

pyusmc66 said...

Busy times for you. E will have to make a short timers calender to count the days. He has my USMC K-bar (Keep it oiled and sharp, E),and the small talisman that I gave him for the Providence deployment. I have confidence they will protect him as they did me in Vietnam. Miss all of you.
Philpop