Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Lots of Things Come With Training...

for a marathon. Like, sore knees and legs, lots of sweating, and this:

Last night, this little guy started following me on my run. He ran next to me and in the road and when I reached the main road with a 45 mph speed limit, he was still with me. I was able to grab him to see if he had any identification... nope. So we walked down to the local wine shop to borrow a phone to call E. He and the girls came to pick us up and we searched for his owners to no avail. So, he came home with us. Sophie and the girls loved playing with him.

This morning, we took him to the vet to see if he had a microchip... and thankfully, he did. They called the owner and I spoke with him and offered to drop 'Jack' off. He was very happy to have him back. When the owner opened the door to go back inside, Jack escaped again. He was able to chase him down so Jack is now back home, safe and sound for the time being.

2 comments:

The A Team said...

It's Karma telling you need another dog... You know nothing but time on your hands and more mouths to feed...
Love you guys.

Anonymous said...

Awww...at least he was a friendly pal!